Highlight is just now becoming possible thanks to recent advances in mobile technology, and the product is incredibly rewarding to work on. Our days are full of interesting challenges around UI/UX, engineering, and machine learning. Our goal is to give you a sixth sense about the world around you, showing you things that you've never been able to see before. It's difficult and ambitious, which is what makes it fun.
We launched in January and the response has been very exciting. We recently closed a round of funding from Benchmark Capital, SV Angel, Crunchfund, and a great group of angel investors.
We are currently looking for extraordinary individuals to join our core team. We want to make Highlight an amazing place to work, with a creative, open culture that deeply values both engineering and design. If you are excited about what we are doing we would love to hear from you.
Software Engineer (iOS/Android/Backend)
- BS, MS, or PhD in Computer Science or equivalent
- Exceptional software engineering talent
- Deep knowledge of iOS development, Android development, or large scale backend development
Bonus points for experience with:
- Location-based mobile applications
- Data mining/Hadoop
- Strong portfolio of past projects that you can share with us
- Ability to create breathtaking, pixel-perfect designs and icons
- Obsession with crafting simple, intuitive, and delightful user experiences
- Fluency with Photoshop that allows you to rapidly prototype new ideas and communicate them to the team
- Deep curiosity about the underlying emotions and experiences that drive social products
- Desire to set new standards for app design
Bonus points for:
- BS in Computer Science, HCI, or equivalent, with ability to implement your own designs
- Experience designing iOS/Android applications